4.28.2009

My sister’s keeper 2

I can’t stress enough how great it is to have every chapter switch between characters, that way I get to know what everyone is thinking. Unlike most books, my book gives the benefit of not being in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person speaker but has a first person speaker, alternating between characters. I really love that I get to read about all of them and how all of them feel. In normal books, would not know what they were thinking, and who they really were. But in this book, even if it’s not the main characters speaking, you still get to hear what there true opinions are. I think the author did this to show how sickness not only effects the one who is sick, but everyone around them suffers too. Everyone is scared and concerned for Kate, even though she seems like the one who is most prepared for death. On pages 134 and 135 Anna flashes back to when they were kids. Kate says, “What do you think is the best way to die?” which shows Kate is thinking about death and not afraid of it. I think she is forced to feel ready for death, due to her knowing she will die young from her sickness. Anna on the other hand, responds by telling Kate to shut up and stop talking about death. Also, there was this exciting part in the book were the mom (Sara) says she will be go against Anna in court! It’s like something out of a drama series on TV. I can’t wait to see how that will turn out. I find Anna a very fascinating Character. She is so mature for her age. She is always thinking of others and her plans are very thought out. This is confirmed when Julia first meets Anna. Within minutes of meeting, she states, “But there is a part of me already giving Anna credit for being wary: this is not a child who rushes into headlong situations… she must have thought long and hard about untangling herself from the net of her family,” (109.) I infer that this case is so emotionally tolling on Anna.

No comments: