5.07.2009

My sister's keeper

I am almost half way through my book. The novel continues on be very insightful to life and it is easy for me to read yet very exciting. This book knows life. Like when I was in a section in Anna’s part, what she said I found very true in life. She was talking about this kid in her class who was a loser, nobody talked to him. It was like “dorkhood was contagious” which is funny but true, high kids do act like that. Anyways, then that kid was diagnosed with MS. People treated him differently. They smiled at him and talked to him. In our school it’s similar. If a kid has special needs, we will be nice to him. Out of pity I think. I don’t know if this is wrong, but we all feel bad cause they have a disadvantage on life, which we be nice to the special kid because want that kid’s life a little easier. But when we make fun of a kid who is a dork and does not have something wrong with him, but his life is bad because no one talks to him, is that any different? Anyways this relates to the story as a whole because same thing with Kate. Everyone treats their nicely, especially her mother, because she is ill. But all the normal kids in the family suffer. The mother (Sara) gives all her attention to Kate. Yes, Kate does will possible die sooner, but all the other kids are dragged down with. Does Sara’s love make up for her life being shorter? But then again, any of our lives could be cut short, like a car accident. I know Sara loves all her kids its just Kate needs more care. Also in the book, lawyers might move Sara out because she is the lawyer who might be influencing Anna to stop. But luckily Brain (the dad) moved Anna to the fire station were he works. I’m kinda mad because my friend told me that someone dies at the ending, I wish did not tell me that. Oh well, It’s still a page turner and I like it. 

No comments: